Respond! is pleased to invite applications for the following positions:
Part-time Kitchen Assistant required for our new Homeless Service, High Park Family Hub, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
Respond! are pleased to invite applications for the position of Part-time Kitchen Assistant required for our new Homeless Service, High Park Family Hub, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
The purpose of the role is prepare and serve meals at our Family Hub
- Provide a fast, friendly and efficient level of customer service.
- Ensure the regular and systemic cleaning and maintenance of the equipment in the café, both front of house and back of house ensuring that the hygiene and food safety standards are adhered to.
- Prepare and assist with food preparation and setting up of service.
- To adhere to specifications, standards and procedures while in work.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
The successful candidate will have
- Minimum six months catering experience
- Previous experience in a similar environment, preferably in a food service / customer facing environment is essential
- Self-motivated and Enthusiastic and have the ability to provide an excellent of service with attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of hygiene and food Safety control (HACCP Procedures)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong desire to work with food.
- Flexible with the ability to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
- An Advanced level of English is required and a professional and polite manner is essential.
- Garda Vetting will be conducted on an ongoing basis
Part-time (6 months) Fixed Term Contract (20 Hours per week) – Monday to Friday 3pm to 7pm
To apply: Please email CV and cover letter quoting ref no: KA/FH/0917 firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state which position being applied for.
Closing Date: Part-time Kitchen Assistant – Friday 22nd September 2017
Respond! is pleased to invite applications for the position of Full-time National Maintenance Manager located at High Park, Grace Park Road, Drumcondra, Dublin
Responsible for the delivery of the Associations property-related asset management programme including the management of internal maintenance staff and external contractors
Resources: Staff -Direct management reports of Internal Maintenance team comprising of 8 staff. Management of contractor framework contracts.
Finance: Responsibility for allocated capital refurbishment programme and revenue repairs budget, monitoring spend and authorising expenditure in accordance with maintenance Protocol
Duties and key results
- Effectively manage and lead the delivery of the property-related capital refurbishment programme, reactive repairs, cyclical and void maintenance and to ensure an efficient and effective standard of service is provided
- To assist The Head of Property in the overall management of the Associations Asset Management responsibilities, including the management and supervision of maintenance staff against KPI’s and target related performance management.
- Set and agree with the Head of Property key objectives, tasks and performance standards in the delivery of maintenance plan to achieve the targets as allocated, taking appropriate action to resolve performance issues as necessary and work to ensure that customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Be responsible for ensuring maintenance staff and contractors are aware of their responsibilities under the H&S Regulations. Ensure that risk assessments are conducted and that safe and healthy working practices are employed.
- Plan, manage and prioritise any changes to maintenance services to meet the changing needs of the Association & its tenants.
- Evaluate development needs of maintenance staff, conduct staff appraisals and arrange appropriate training and development to ensure continuous professional development.
- Coordinate with property team, evaluate and interpret new legislation, case law, regulations and policies affecting the maintenance service. Assess the implications and regularly review working practices, systems, procedures and processes in response to ensure continuous improvements to delivery of service.
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external contacts in order to promote effective partnership arrangements for the delivery of a quality service.
- Responsible for building improvements and reactive repairs service delivery in accordance with legislation and agreed service standards.
- Lead, develop and complete annual and five year programme for Stock Condition Surveys to inform provision of sinking funds for planned works programme and compliance of stock with regulatory standards.
- Analyse and report on building defects; Take particulars on site in relation to building performance and condition, write specifications, obtain estimates and costs advice.
- Responsible for the development, agreement and management of asset management related service level agreements.
- Responsible for the performance management of the in-house maintenance team and external contractors service providers.
- Initiate a continuous improvement review and development of initiatives to improve the value and reduce the cost of the services.
- Initiate and maintain effective management and communication systems within the team to include all staff.
- Produce management reports and information associated with asset management programme, associated budget and contractor performance.
- Process orders for goods and services and process invoices for payment in accordance with the Associations financial procedures and regulations.
- Monitor relevant budget headings to ensure effective spend against established targets namely Reactive, Cyclical, Planned maintenance and Void budget.
- To prepare and/ or make arrangements for any schedules of work, initiating tendering procedure, reporting on tenders and associated administration procedures.
- To deliver and make arrangements for the supervision of adaptations and report on their progress
- Represent the Association at meetings with external stakeholders, conferences, seminars etc.
|Knowledge & Qualifications|
Ø A third level qualification in Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying; and member of a recognised professional Body e.g. RICS, SCSI, MCIBSE, CIOB.
Ø Extensive experience in Mechanical & Electrical engineering/ trades
Ø Extensive working knowledge of – management of construction projects and reactive repairs service.
Ø Trained in and knowledge of Health and Safety relating to construction.
Ø Demonstrates an awareness and commitment to proactive customer care and services.
Ø Evidence of relevant CPD and ongoing personal development.
Ø Be able to demonstrate good communication skills both written and verbal.
Ø Relevant management degree or post-graduate diploma.
Ø Experience of service delivery and management within Housing Associations, Local Authorities, Property Management Companies etc.
|Ø Relevant, recent experience in managing professional and technical staff delivering maintenance & void related works across a large property portfolio.
Ø Experience in applying a range of relevant management methods and tools and leadership and mentoring techniques.
Ø Proven financial / budget management experience.
Ø Experience in work planning and management, creation of work programmes involving multiple buildings/properties.
Ø Experience of managing to KPI’s and SLA’s to achieve high performance.
Ø Proven IT skills.
Ø Experience in engaging effectively with others and building productive partnerships.
|Ø Evidence of a range of strategic management functions.|
|Ø Skills and Competencies|
|Ø Leadership and management skills.
Ø Effective IT skills and able to use ICT to achieve work objectives.
Ø Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports.
Ø Able to apply own initiative to overcome day-to-day operational problems.
Ø Works cooperatively with customers/ stakeholders, maintaining regular consistent and clear communications to achieve solutions.
Ø Builds and maintains strong working relationships both externally and internally.
Ø Numerate and able to understand and reason with statistics.
Ø Ability to think laterally and to develop creative and innovative solutions.
Ø Commercial and negotiation skills.
Ø Remains calm and logical in stressful and difficult situations.
Ø Demonstrates leadership and management skills to motivate, coach and mentor team.
Ø Models and encourages high standards of honesty, integrity, openness, and respect for others.
Ø Helps create a positive work culture in which diverse, individual contributions and perspectives are valued.
Ø Proactive and achievement orientated.
Ø Keeps abreast of industry developments and applies knowledge to ensure a continuing cost-effective service.
|Ø Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office.
Ø Experience in conducting staff appraisals.
|Ø Personal Attributes|
|Ø Maintain standards of conduct and work effectively as part of a wider team
Ø Be consistent, fair and respectful
Ø Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Ø Be flexible and capable of working independently and to deadlines
Ø Demonstrate sound work ethics
Ø Have good spoken and written communication skills
|Ø A current Irish driving licence.|
Terms: Full-time Contract
To apply: Please email CV and cover letter quoting ref no: NMM/FH/0917 email@example.com and clearly state which position being applied for.
Closing Date: National Maintenance Manager – Friday 22nd September 2017
Respond! are pleased to invite applications for the position of Compliance Manager
Respond! is a progressive housing body providing housing & homeless services across Ireland
We are looking to recruit a compliance manager to ensure the Board, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies.
The Compliance Manager will report directly to the CEO, you will contribute to the growth and development of the organisation by leading quality activities on site.
You are required to have strong people management skills and experience in compliance and quality assurance
Location: Drumcondra, Dublin 9 Salary: An attractive remuneration package applies
- Develop a comprehensive compliance framework supported by a whole of organisation plan to monitor, analyse and interpret new and existing compliance and quality assurance obligations
- Implement compliance and quality assurance programmes which meet compliance and best practice standards
- Lead and partner with all senior managers to develop an understanding among managers and all staff members of organisation risk, risk mitigation, compliance and quality assurance, department by department.
- Design and delivery of compliance and quality assurance training procedures for all staff on existing regulations and organisational policies and targets
- Lead compliance, audit programs and quality assurance programmes to support successful completion of various external compliance certification programs and internal compliance assessments
Experience and Requirements;
- A relevant degree and professional qualification (ACOI or equivalent)
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in Compliance, Quality Assurance and Auditing roles
- Excellent technical knowledge of compliance & regulation
- Solution-oriented self-starter with high integrity and a superb attention to detail
- Strong report writing, communication and influencing skills, and attention to detail are essential
- A flexible and collaborative working style
Please email CV and cover letter quoting ref no. CQA/0717 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for Compliance Manager is Friday 22nd September 2017