Respond Housing Association is committed to promoting the highest standards of child protection in line with “Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children” (2011). To achieve this we have developed our child protection policy “Making our Communities Safe for Children”. This policy is being implemented within the organisation and being promoted on all of our family estates.
Our Child Protection Policy aims to:
- Promote the protection of children and young people within the organisation and on our estates
- Develop greater awareness of child welfare issues amongst our staff, volunteers and residents
- Provide clear guidelines for staff and volunteers on behaviour that protects children, staff and volunteers
Our Child Protection Policy sets out:
- What might be a child protection or welfare concern?
- Steps to be followed by staff if they become aware of a child welfare concern
- Respond Housing Association internal child protection responsibilities and structures
- Good practice guidelines for working with children and young people
- Contact details for local HSE Children and Family Services
- Other useful resource materials
Respond Child Protection Policy here. Copies of the policy are available in each of our Community Buildings or are available from our Resident Support Workers. If you would like to print the information leaflet on our Child Protection Policy, please click here