Education and in particular Community Education is a key part of Respond! ethos and has led to positive personal, social and economic outcomes for learners. In particular our courses aim to support individuals and marginalised target groups experiencing educational disadvantage so that they can participate fully, engage with and progress through life-long learning opportunities through the use of community development approaches. This goal is similar to the aim of the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP).
What Respond! offer
- Qualified, experienced teachers familiar with working in a community setting.
- A variety of teaching techniques to cater for different styles of learning.
- A “bottom-up” approach to how we engage with students
- QQI recognised accredited courses
- Venues throughout Ireland in the heart of target communities
- 30 Years’ experience of delivering community development in partnership with key stakeholders in disadvantaged communities
What the courses promise
The courses on offer by Respond! College will be of particular interest to Programme Implementers and Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs). They are directly linked to the three high level goals of SICAP and will ensure:
- Greater participation by members of disadvantaged groups and communities in a community development context.
- Enhanced capacity of local community groups
- Positive change in participants’ learning aspirations and/or personal development.
- Individuals are better prepared to enter the labour market.
The following courses will be of specific relevance as they focus on Community Engagement, Empowerment, Group Development and Collaboration:
- Certificate in Community Studies QQI Accredited Level 6 Special Purpose Award
- Certificate in Community Development (Level 5 Major Award) QQI Accredited
- Certificate in Understanding Community Development (Level 5 Component award) QQI Accredited
- Certificate in Social Analysis (Level 5 Component award) QQI Accredited
- Certificate in Care of the Older Person (Level 5 Component award) QQI Accredited
- Certificate in Family Support Skills (Level 5 Component award) QQI Accredited
- Certificate in Communications (Level 5 Component award) QQI Accredited
- Certificate in Working with Groups (Level 5 Component award) QQI Accredited
- Chartered Institute of Housing Certificate in Housing Practice-Professional Qualification
How will the courses be delivered?
The teaching methods employed will be experiential and participatory and will include group discussions, case study analysis, theoretical inputs and practical applications in a classroom setting. The course will be delivered at a venue which is convenient to the majority of the participants.
Further information can be obtained from your Local Community Development Committee or by contacting Respond! College Telephone: 051 840200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org