Below are some tips to help tenants during cold weather.
- Ensure that you have adequate heating. If there is a problem with your heating contact us on 051- 840200 or 01-8087700
- If there is a delay in repairing the problem seek an interim solution for example temporary heaters.
- Wear extra layers of clothing at home.
- Ensure that you have the proper facilities to cook hot meals and enough space to store food including a fridge/freezer or fridge and freezer.
- Ensure you have adequate provisions for a couple of days and have regular hot drinks and meals.
- Make sure you have running hot and cold water and that pipes are properly protected against frost.
- If there are problems with the water do not leave tap open as this can cause flooding when water supply returns.
- Check in with elderly/vulnerable neighbours living in private rented accommodation to ensure that they are ok.
- Where there is ice/snow ensure that pathways etc. are clear.
- Do not make any unnecessary journeys.
If you experience any difficulties while our offices are closed from Friday 21st Dec ’18 – 2nd January ‘19, please report the problems immediately on 051 – 840200 or 01-8087700 24 hours, 7 days a week, where you will be transferred to one of our team in the case of an emergency.