As we have continued our work in new circumstances, the health and safety of our staff, tenants and services users has remained our first priority. Our frontline staff, as essential workers, continue to deliver services observing all public health protocols to reduce risk. Our homeless services staff are doing all they can to help and support the people and families using our services during this challenging time. Our Housing Team are linking with our tenants around the country particularly reaching out to those who are elderly or more vulnerable. We are very proud to work alongside them.
We would like to acknowledge and thank our tenants, service users, stakeholders and partners and staff for all of the support and co-operation we have received as we all continue to play our part during this difficult time.
The following health and safety measures remain in place:
- Receptions areas are closed.
- No visitors will be accepted to any of our offices that share premises with homeless services.
- All staff who can work remotely are now doing so.
- Our Customer Service Centre is operating remotely for any assistance tenants may require.
- We are in regular contact with our tenants.
- Staff are only carrying out necessary home or site visits.
- Early Childhood Care and Education services are closed.
- Day-care for Older People services are closed but staff are checking in with service users and preparing and delivering daily meals for them.
- Ongoing liaison continues with our statutory partners in the Health Services Executive (HSE), the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government, Local Authorities, the Dublin Region Homelessness Executive (DRHE) etc.
- Our Homeless Services remain operational given we are providing emergency accommodation plus 24/7 support. We have adapted our practice based on public health advice to reduce risk including:
- Facilities for hand washing and sanitising have been increased.
- Social distancing guidelines (2m) are being communicated and enforced.
- Additional deep cleaning of all premises is taking place on a more frequent basis.
- Staff on duty are working in separate rooms and having face-to-face contact only when absolutely necessary.
- Signage is updated as often as the HSE updates their guidelines and is issued to services as soon as it is circulated by the HSE.
Please continue to call our Customer Service Centre for any assistance you may require.
Thank you for your support.
Take care and stay safe.