The Go for Life Games were held in DCU on Saturday 11th June. The overall aim of Go for Life is to get older people more active, more often.
Respond had a team of 16 residents and friends travel from Waterford . The Games were once again a great success with all participants from around Ireland enjoying the day immensely . It didn’t matter who won or lost it was about meeting new people who will hopefully become new friends and we can’t wait to return next year.
The Go for Life Games adapted by Go for Life involve three sports that can be played in Singles, Pairs and Teams.
- Lobbers- adaption of Petanque and Boules
- Flisk- adaption of Frisbee and Horseshoe Pitching
- Scidil-adaption of Ten-Pin Bowling and Skittles
Rules are easy:
- The emphasis of the Games is on participation and fun
- Played in a non-competitive way as much as possible
- Participants encouraged to umpire their own game
Posted June: by Eleanor Gaffney